K.P.M Model School
K.P.M Model School is a prestigious project of the Mahatama Educational Trust founded and established in 2004 by a set of selfless and dedicated social workers. It is a Sister Concern of M.G.M Model School, Ayiyoor, Varkala. K.P.M Model School was started to commemorate late P.K. Kunju Pillai B. A. L. T., a very popular and beloved teacher who retired as Head Master from the Mayyanad Higher Secondary School. This community School is aimed at providing the best possible quality education to its students within an educational frame work of an all round development of the child. The School strives to develop in the student’s qualities of integrity, responsibility, honesty, universal outlook and a healthy competition.
The School believes in secular education that draws strength from all religious. We believe that education should foster independent thinking and experimentation and enable its student to face bravely, the challenges of time. The School also believes that education is primarily the development of good character.
We, therefore, are committed to work in partnership with parents/ guardians to establish a rich and secure foundation for future learning.
K.P.M. Model School is situated in Pullichira,Mayyanad, amidst lush green rural surroundings with easy access to Kottiyam the nearest National Highway link point. It is 3.5 Km. away from the NH 47 junction Kottiyam and 2Km. away from the Mayyanad Railway Station. The school compound has a sprawling landed area of 3.1 acre (14200 Sq. metre) out of which 3720 Sq. m being built up area and 1650Sq. m. play ground area which provides for outdoor games like Football, Volleyball, Tennis Court, High Jump, Long Jump and Triple Jump courts and athletic tracks. The Academic session is from June to March. Class room teaching is largely computer assisted. Net browsing facility, a well equipped library and Science and Computer labs, Smart class rooms equipped with state-of- the art technology meet the need of the time.
To infuse its students with high standards of academic scholarship, veracity, leadership and responsible global citizenship by providing an innocuous and therapeutic environment and by keeping its students abreast with the latest trends of teaching methodologies along with traditional values indispensable for holistic development.
Blend of Values, Knowledge and Quest for Quality and Excellence:
- To develop fluency in the use of English language, to foster enjoyment of all the processes of communication: oral, written and visual.
- To recognize and to encourage talent of all kinds and of all degrees and to endeavour to stretch the intellectual and creative capacity of individuals.
- To illustrate the inter-relationship of all human knowledge, to cultivate an appreciation of student’s creative skills and to stimulate a concept of learning as a life-long process.
- To pay particular attention to:
- Stimulating intellectual curiosity.
- Directing and exercising the emotions and develop emotional intelligence.
- Encouraging clear thinking and non-discrimination.
- Developing an interest in the process and resources of learning i.e. how to learn.
- Fostering capacity to tackle a problem.
- To enable children to acquire the tools and qualifications necessary for earning their living and to become self-reliant.
- To seek and measure the extent of an individual’s success in making maximum use of one’s endowments and opportunities.